The University Honors Program and the Office of Admissions will host a scholarship competition for incoming freshmen. The Award of High Distinction Scholarship is a full-fee scholarship ($10,377 value)* and is renewable.
To apply for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Incoming freshman student for fall 2013
- 3.8 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- 30 ACT composite or 1300 SAT (critical reading plus math)
- Application for admission and credentials on file with the Office of Admissions by December 3, 2012
- Application to the University Honors Program on file by December 3, 2012
Applications will be reviewed after December 3 and selected students will be invited to interview on campus late January. More information is available.
* Value based on 2012-13 academic year general and instructional fees. This scholarship is renewable for three continuous academic years or six semesters if the renewal criteria are met. Transfer students are not eligible for this award. This scholarship will replace any University Academic Scholarship of a lower value awarded by the Office of Admissions.